- Boredom: the desire for desires.
- Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina (1877)
- Desire is sad.
- W. Somerset Maugham, "Rain"
- The ultimate meaning of desire is death.
- Rene Girard p.290 Mensonge romantique et vérité romanesque (Deceit, Desire and the Novel: Self and Other in Literary Structure) (1961)
- Burning desire to be or do something gives us staying power - a reason to get up every morning or to pick ourselves up and start in again after a disappointment.
- Marsha Sinetar
- Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire.
- Jean de La Fontaine
- I would rather be poor in a cottage full of books than a king without the desire to read.
- Thomas Babington Macaulay
- The desire of the man is for the woman, but the desire of the woman is for the desire of the man.
- Madame de Stael
- The desire to know is natural to good men.
- Leonardo da Vinci
- The waves of desire in the world-ocean are intoxicating wine.
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib
- There is only trouble and desire.
- Simple Men
- Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.
- William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell (1790-1793)
- When all desires that cling to the heart are surrendered, then a mortal becomes immortal.
- Katha Upanishad
- When one tastes that fruit that bathes their tongue in decadence, ones own wants oft causeth them to partake again, and deeper, each time, to wash themselves anew in that single most sumptuous thing.
- Devon Whitten Kalgalath
- Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.
- Jim Rohn
- When you can't have something, you want it even more.
- Swami Raj
- Desire is desire. the sun cannot bleach it. The tide cannot wash it away
- The Beach (movie)
SilverdaleInteractive.com © 2019. All rights reserved.