Quotes about opportunity.
- A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
- Francis Bacon, Essays, 52. ‘Of Ceremonies and Respects’
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- Thomas Edison
- Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis'. One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger-but recognize the opportunity
- John F. Kennedy
- You can never find a lost opportunity.
- History repeats itself, opportunity doesn't.
- Opportunity has hair in front, but behind she is bald; if you seize her by the forlock, you may hold her, but if suffered to escape, not Jupiter himself can catch her again.
- Latin Sayings
- Opportunity knocked. My doorman threw him out.
- Adrienne Gusoff
- Never waste a crisis. It can be turned to joyful transformation.
- Rahm Israel Emanuel, From an article in the New York Times, March 17th 2009
- Opportunity is like a bald-headed man with only a patch of hair right in front. You have to grab that hair, grasp the opportunity while it's confronting you, else you'll be grasping a slick bald head.
- Booker T. Washington http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1365/is_n11_v22/ai_12247515
- Sometimes, you need a door slammed in your face before you can hear opportunity knock.
- James Geary, From 'My Aphorisms', on James Geary's website, 2009
- To attract good luck to oneself, it is necessary to take advantage of opportunities.
- George S. Glason, ‘Meet the Goddess of God Luck’, The Richest Man in Babylon. Signet (1988)
- Men who are resolved to find a way for themselves will always find opportunities enough; and if they do not lie ready to their hand, they will make them.
- Samuel Smiles, 19th C Scottish author and reformer. ‘Helps and Opportunities: Scientific Pursuits’, Self-Help (1856), Ch 5
- Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
- The dawn does not come twice to wake a man.
- If opportunity doesn't exist, build a door...
- Opportunity doesn't knock twice.
- Opportunity never arrives on time for the man who has missed it.
SilverdaleInteractive.com © 2019. All rights reserved.