In general, "success" is the achievement of one's aim or goal. It is often used specifically to mean financial profitability. People who achieve their goals are frequently termed "successes" as well.
- "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, Commit to the LORD whatever you do, Commit to the LORD whatever you do! and your plans will succeed. There ought not be a person in this church that is a failure, and I want to go on record, I want to go on record and say 'if your life is not what you want it to be, and you're not succeeding, you're not having productivity, you're not having success because you're not putting it in God's hands."
- Archbishop LeRoy Bailey Jr. senior pastor of The First Cathedral; from a sermon entitled: Abundant Overflowing Thought delivered February 24th 2008
- I've had marvellous and incredible luck, and devoted parents, sisters, friends, and teachers. What more can one ask? These things contribute enormously. Probably the major part of one's success is due to these factors.
- Yehudi Menuhin, as stated in his interview with Martyn Lewis in his book, Reflections on Success, 1997.
- Nothing comes easy. Nothing is given to you. Whatever you do, you've got to work for it and earn it. Whatever reward you get you've go to know that you've had your input into that success. There's no substitute for hard work. And if you want to be well known or well liked, you have to put yourself out for people.
- Jack Charlton, British football manager. From his interview with Martyn Lewis, in his book, Reflections on Success, pub. 1997.
- For me success was always going to be a Lamborghini. But now I’ve got it, it just sits on my drive.
- Curtis Jackson [50 Cent], American Rapper. From his interview with Louis Gannon for Live magazine, The Mail on Sunday (UK) newspaper, 25th October 2009
- ‘Tis a lesson you should heed, Try, try again. If at first you don't succeed, Try, try again.
- William Edward Hickson 1803-1870, Try and Try Again
- To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labour.
- Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, ‘El Dorado’
- Success is full of promise till men get it; and then it is last year's nest from which the bird has flown.
- Henry Ward Beecher, reported in Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895), p. 567.
- What is success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
And the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
And endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by
A healthy child, a garden patch
Or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed
Easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Success is the result of countless failures you've done in order to attain it.
- Mark Aaron A. Corrales
- A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.
- What is the meaning of success? Achieving a feat that others believe you are unable to achieve, in some cases this may be doing the impossible but even the impossible can be done. It just takes alot of hard work, persistence and the ability to bounce back from failure. We all have the potential for success!
- Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
- Lou Holtz
- All big things in this world are done by people who are naive and have an idea that is obviously impossible.
- Charles Hamilton (1876–1961), English writer
- Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
- William Faulkner
- The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing.
- Good is the enemy of great. Most people will look back and realize they did not have a great life because it's just so easy to settle for a good life.
- Jim Collins, author of Good to Great
- I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.
- Jonathan Winters
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
- Bill Cosby (born 1937)
- I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone.
- If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
- Steven Wright
- It is a long hard road to overnight success.
- It is high time that the ideal of success should be replaced by the ideal of service.
- Albert Einstein
- Man is happy only as he finds work worth doing — and does it well.
- E. Merrill Root (1895–1973), American writer
- Money and success don't change people; they merely amplify what is already there.
- Will Smith
- Success is like a pie, there are different layers
- Qun Zhang (Chinese Poet)
- Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success.
- Christopher Lasch
- Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.
- Arthur Rubinstein (1886–1982)
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- Thomas Edison
- Others have done it before me. I can, too.
- William Faulkner
- Success didn't spoil me, I've always been insufferable.
- Fran Lebowitz
- Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.
- George Bernard Shaw
- Success doesn't come to you… you go to it.
- Marva Collins, American educator
- Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill
- Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.
- Bobby Unser, American automobile racer
- Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
- Stephen King
- There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- Beverly Sills
- There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.
- Christopher Morley, American author and journalist, 1890–1957
- To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man's life.
- T. S. Eliot (1888-1965), American poet
- To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
- Mark Twain
- True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
- Helen Keller (1880–1968), American writer
- Underpromise; overdeliver.
- Tom Peters; quoted in The Chicago Tribune
- What's success? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
- Bob Dylan (born 1941)
- When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.
- Tom Robbins
- Why be a man when you can be a success?
- Bertolt Brecht (1898–1956)
- Without strategy, there is no succeeding in life.
- Happiness is having dreams, success is making those dreams come true.
- Christopher A. Castro
- You know you have succeeded when every day feels like a Friday
- Raymond G. Rempel
- If you don’t have a Ferrari, you are not living successfully .
- Brian J. Park
- If your name is not the same as mine, you are not successful.
- The secret of success is never believing you are successful.
- Jeffrey Archer
- The success of us human beings remains in how far we can see ourselves & work backwards to reach there..
- Ashish Kerkar
- Success is in the eye of the beholder
- Britney Spears
- My life really hasn't been all that spectacular.....Except for all the spectacular things that have happened in my life
- Thomas Charles Saxe
- The only infallible criterion of wisdom to vulgar minds – success.
- Edmund Burke, In a letter to a member of the National Assembly.
- Success is the one unpardonable sin against one's fellows.
- Ambrose Bierce
- If you believe you're a success, crikey, I should think it will come up and get you by the...tail.
- Dame Judy Dench
- Ease and success are fellows.
- English proverb, 14th Century
- Success is never blamed.
- Thomas Fuller (physician), (English proverb)
SilverdaleInteractive.com © 2019. All rights reserved.